German researchers said on Wednesday that they had dismantled an important platform for the distribution of images of children’s sexual abuse, which had 1.8 million users worldwide, in an international operation coordinated by the Pan -European Police Agency Europol.
The passage to close the streaming service « Kidflix » was « one of the most important times against child pornography in recent years, if never never, » said Guido Limmer, Deputy Director of the Bavarian Criminal Police.
The investigation was led by German police and supported by authorities from 38 countries, including Australia, Canada and the United States, under the coordination of Europol.
In total, it is said that « Kidflix » organized more than 91,000 videos with images of children’s sexual abuse, which total about 6,288 hours of video, according to the Bavarian police force.
Authorities were able to identify almost 1,400 individual users of the platform, who stayed in the so -called Darknet or Fosca Web.
Europol
Police in March made research in places of 31 countries in the « largest operation » organized by Europol, according to Limmer.
A joint raid by the German and Dutch authorities was the confiscation of a hard disk with about 72,000 videos of child sexual abuse.
In Germany, police made inroads to 96 places, leading to 103 individual suspects, said Bavarian police.
German authorities said they had worked to identify abuse children’s victims while the investigation was still underway.
Police detained a 36 -year -old man in the city of Chemnitz from the eastern German, who in January 2024 had sought images of abuse in « Kidflix ».
The man had also « offered his youngest son for the games, » said Limmer. The child had been delivered to child protection services.
Limmer said that researchers were also able to identify a « serial » abuser in the United States.
« Kidflix » was created in 2021 by a « cybercriminal who made a great benefit. » According to Europol« When it quickly became one of the most popular platforms among pedophiles. »
According to the International Police Agency, about 3.5 new videos were being uploaded to the place per hour before being demolished.
Leave a Reply